Tuesday, March 21, 2006

"Bologna" Sammiches

Okay, I will admit it. I used to love bologna sandwiches back when I was a carnivore. When becoming vegan, I thought it was one of those nasty & trashy food things I was going to have to give up. WRONG! Luckily, there is Light Life Bologna. It's vegan, it tastes just like bologna, and it's healthier for you. Heck, even if you do eat meat, you probably shouldn't even be eating bologna. Do you know what all they put in there? ACK! Anyway, slap about three pieces of that on some wheat bread and spread on a little Vegenaise and you are good to go with a lunchtime classic.

I threw in a little salad to try and up the "healthiness" factor. It's just some salad mix, a few carrot shreds, some chickpeas and some shredded vegan soy cheddar "cheese" that I need to get rid of. The stuff is really not that good, but shredded really fine it's OK on a salad or something like that. I was out of dressing so I had to whip some up in the little blue container with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a few drops of sesame oil. There was a little space left there beside the dressing so I popped in a few grapes for a mid-morning snack.

And for dessert I have some yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies, again from my favorite cookbook, Vegan with a Vengeance by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Honestly people, these are the best chocolate chip cookies you have ever had. I altered the recipe just a little bit and threw in 1/2 cup of walnuts. YUM!

It was kind of a plain lunch today, nothing fancy. It actually contains a lot of things from the fridge that I am needing to get rid of before they go bad on me. So that was the main reason for packing these items, well, except for the cookies, I made them special. Honestly though, I can't think of many things I would rather have for lunch than a "bologna" sandwich with "mayo" on it. And it's all the better because my sandwich is cruelty-free. See you tomorrow.

No comments: