Monday, March 20, 2006

Real Country Cooking

Okay, here it is, my first vegan lunch packed in my new Laptop Lunchbox. The funny thing about this lunch is that it is something that I would not have touched with a 10-foot pole when I was younger (I hated all this stuff), but of course I love it now. The lunchbox is great too. I was worried that it might be too small to hold a lunch that would feed a hungry adult, but it holds plenty. I mean, sure, if the containers were larger you could cram more food in, but they are the perfect size, in my opinion. They provide you with good portion control.

Today's lunch is a mix of Pinto Beans and Great Northern Beans. All that's required there is to open a couple of cans of beans and dump them in a pot and heat them up. EASY! Up top are some yummy Herbed Roasted Potatoes from my favorite cookbook in the whole world, Vegan with a Vengeance by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Collard Greens and a Vegan Cornbread Muffin complete the box. These cornbread muffins, by the way, are very good. You don't need a stinkin' egg to make cornbread!

There was no room for dessert today in the box, but I assume there will be no room left in me for dessert either as soon as I finish eating all of this. Hey, this was my first time posting my lunch online and it was fun. Now all I have to do is figure out what I'm going to eat tomorrow... See you then.

No comments: